Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is an essential water-soluble vitamin and antioxidant that facilitates the growth and repair of tissues, strengthens the immune system, and guards the body against diseases, including strokes, heart disease, gout, cataracts, heavy metal toxicities, and even some types of cancer.
The human body doesn't make or store vitamin C. You need to nourish your body with vitamin C on a daily basis. In most cases, oral ingestion of vitamin C is sufficient to achieve the desired results. But when using vitamin C to boost immune support, like during cancer treatment, it must be administered intravenously to achieve doses that are high enough to deliver the anti-cancer effect.
Benefits of megadoses of Vitamin C
Scientists have been studying the incredible effects of intravenous (IV) vitamin C. Generally, the adult body cannot hold more than 250 mg of calcium per day. The excess supply is excreted in urine. But when administered via IV, the body can hold and use a much higher amount of vitamin C for greater benefit.
Today, high-dose vitamin C IV therapy is used to:
- Improve your skin texture and make it glow
- Boost your immune system to fight stress, flu, colds, and low energy.
- Protect cell structures - DNA, protein, and collagen - from oxyradicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) - antioxidant properties
- Accelerate wound healing by aiding in the production of proline and lysine enzymes
- Accelerate collagen production for healthy bones and blood vessels
- Boost energy by facilitating fat breakdown
Before the polio vaccine was discovered, doctors used high-dose vitamin C to manage polio. Studies show that high amounts of vitamin C increase the body’s ability to fight bacterial and viral infections, and even reduce the risk of cancer.
For more information on our high-dose vitamin C IV treatment, or to find out whether it’s good for your case, please visit Evolve Healthcare in Woodland Hills for your consultation.