It's a strange word but most people are starting to hear it more and more. This is mainly due to the fact that Glutathione is an increasingly popular antioxidant that has so many preventative health benefits and properties that can combat a wide range of diseases and health concerns.
What is Glutathione?
Glutathione is an antioxidant produced in cells. It’s comprised largely of three amino acids: glutamine, glycine, and cysteine.
While vitamins C and E are the most well-known antioxidant supplements, because they neutralize free radicals, glutathione has the added benefit of being a powerful antioxidant because glutathione exists within the cell. Glutathione is found in every type of cell, including cells in the immune system. Glutathione helps to fight against disease, which is why proponents of the supplement suggest it works against cancer and other diseases.
What are the benefits?
- Fights free radicals in the body by reducing oxidative stress
- Anti-aging properties
- Improves mental health and clarity
- Improves quality of sleep
- Reduces effects of stress
- Clarifies the skin
- Maintains energy productions
- Activates enzymes
- Improves skin conditions (such as Psoriasis, eczema, etc.)
- Improves insulin resistance
- Reduces symptoms of Parkinson's Disease
- May help fight autoimmune disease
- Builds and strengthens the immune system
- Rebuilds damaged amino acid chains
* Although you can ingest Glutathione orally, it is more effective if given through injection.
**To see all the amazing benefits, as well as how Glutathione works in your body, read GSH: Your Body's Most Powerful Protector by Jimmy Gutman MD, FACEP**